Featured Post

August: The Return of Souls

August is peak summer season in Japan.  We can look forward to some of the most spectacular fireworks displays and festivals in the world, ...

Sea Urchin

I love sea urchin, not only for its creamy texture, but also for its delicate sweet taste. I also love how well it pairs with rice wine and hot rice, just to name a couple. The sea urchin you are looking at in this picture was caught the same day I arrived at this restaurant, so it was very fresh and cold. Never eat sea urchin that has been around for more than a few days because the taste changes from sweet to sour and pungent. Some of the best places to eat sea urchin: Ibaraki, Hokkaido, Iwate ! I have eaten sea urchin at several sushi restaurants all through-out Kanagawa and Tokyo, none of them taste as good as the regions I mentioned above. Current studies on sea urchin are astounding: Sea Urchin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Follow by Email