Featured Post

August: The Return of Souls

August is peak summer season in Japan.  We can look forward to some of the most spectacular fireworks displays and festivals in the world, ...

Milky Queen of Toyama Prefecture !

The moment I've been waiting for for months. Finally, I was able to get my hands on some Milky Queen rice, which by the way is one of best rice grains. In previous articles I wrote about rice grains such as koshihikari, hito me bore, and sasanisihki being the top three most notables rice grains you can eat in Japan. Well, I failed to mention Milky Queen, a rice that's a bit stickier and just as delicious as the top three I wrote about earlier. This rice gets its name from being translucent, thus Milky Queen. This name is also synonymous with the beautiful skin tone of Japanese women or" mochi-hada" or" skin like mochi." By the way, Toyama Prefecture is an awesome place to go for camping and fishing as it has great water and unspoilt nature.

2 comments:

  1. Love and best wishes for your blog. This is the first time that I get to see a blog on Japan. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. visiting and reading your post here. thanks

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Follow by Email