Featured Post

August: The Return of Souls

August is peak summer season in Japan.  We can look forward to some of the most spectacular fireworks displays and festivals in the world, ...

Kenrokuen of Ishikawa Prefecture, Japan

There are perhaps hundreds, maybe even thousands of notable gardens parks all over Japan. Some are known for their intrinsic beauty, others are known for their historical legacy back when great daimyo ruled over prefectures. But, however famous and beautiful they all may be there are only three truly great gardens parks that all Japanese recognize as truly great and those are kairakuen of Ibaraki, Kenrokuen of Kanazawa, and Korakuen of Okayama.


 I have been to two and this spring I will visit the last one which is Kairakuen in Mito City, Ibaraki. After touring this garden I too am convinced of its magnificence and charm. The day I went there was hail and snow, yet from this pictures you couldn't tell, and it was below zero when I went. Still loved every minute of my experience there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Follow by Email