Featured Post

August: The Return of Souls

August is peak summer season in Japan.  We can look forward to some of the most spectacular fireworks displays and festivals in the world, ...

My Neighborhood Chinese Restaurant

I rarely list the names of local places because most would either forget the name, or never visit them. The reason for this post is simple - I want people to understand the importance of Chinese cuisine in Japan! A lot of people living here have probably passed by a few dozen local Chinese restaurants one time or another, and have probably never taken the time to stop by one for one reason or another. I think this is a pity since many of them really are pretty good! This picture was taken across the street from Negishi station, and is a true local favorite of this area. Their lunch sets are very reasonably priced - 850yen for an entree, rice,soup, and salad. My two big favorites are tsubuta ( pork stir fried with vegetables), and ebi chili( fried shrimp with a sweet chili sauce).

1 comment:

  1. The Chinese food in America....which I love however un-authentic it may be is the best. Ever had "Duck sauce" ?? It must be from a different region of China from what's server here?? Miss that sauce!!

    I sadly...have no good Chinese food around me :(

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Follow by Email