Featured Post

August: The Return of Souls

August is peak summer season in Japan.  We can look forward to some of the most spectacular fireworks displays and festivals in the world, ...

Tokyo Station Select Bento

Tokyo Station Select Bento, originally uploaded by Tony Alexander.

This was the most expensive bento on display at Tokyo Station, so I purchased it. The key thing to remember about this bento is its theme: Food from all four directions of Japan; sea,mountains,rivers,valleys,. In this bento there's eel(river),mushrooms(mountain),octopus(sea),rice(valley), and so on. And then, the beer, which I take is from heaven. Delicious as hell! Cost me about 1300 yen.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, i miss the bento! I'm envious though, you got the chance to live in Tokyo - so far I've spent almost all of my time in Fukuoka. If you're ever in the area check out Befu - it's a great hotsprings town!
    (And I'd reccomend some sake, but it's been too long for me to recall any brand names unfortunately...)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Follow by Email