Featured Post

August: The Return of Souls

August is peak summer season in Japan.  We can look forward to some of the most spectacular fireworks displays and festivals in the world, ...

Random Delights of Tsukiji

On Wednesday, when Tsukiji's market is actually closed, and there are fewer people, you can find quite a few 'mom&pop' shops still open. This particular one was just a random stall selling scallops, so there wasn't anything really special about it except for the old lady who was working tirelessly to feed hungry gaijin like myself tasty scallops - she wasn't all that nice either. This old lady was very fiesty. She was snapping and shouting at customers and pointing her finger. I thought she was cute, actually. She especially hated it when people were taking her picture. I told she was sexy and that her scallops were worth it all. In the end though, it was all worth it, for this delicious sea scallop. I had to wait 30 minutes! That's Tsukiji!

2 comments:

  1. You and Tornado have got us thinking of a trip to Tsukiji... and sushi and sake too!

    Sorry you posted to my personal blog and I didn't notice. Somehow I can't make comment notification work at that site so I'm always slow.

    Thank you for your kind words. I must say, it looks like you have been no slouch in exploring either.

    cheers,
    david

    ReplyDelete
  2. May be oneday I can go to Tsukiji.. It can be good.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Follow by Email