Featured Post

August: The Return of Souls

August is peak summer season in Japan.  We can look forward to some of the most spectacular fireworks displays and festivals in the world, ...

Oden

Before I forget, I wanted to post this last winter dish which I never get enough of, and that’s oden.  

Oden

This picture was taken in Shikoku at one of my favorite oden shops called Jumbo Udon located in Takamatsu which is the capital of Kagawa on the island of Shikoku.  

One of the nicest memories I have here is when I was on the road with coworkers.  We drove all the way from Okayama to Kagawa via the great Seto Ohashi Bridge, which stretches from the main land to the island of Shikoku .  We had a nice time.  In this dish I really enjoyed the egg and the octopus.  The mustard had a unique flavor, too.  I could probably eat here everyday if I lived over here.

2 comments:

  1. The photo looks pretty tasty!
    By in large though I don't do the oden thing. The daikon reminds me of urinal pucks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Urinal pucks....Thanks squampton, I'll remember that next time I eat the daikon. Thx anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Follow by Email