Featured Post

August: The Return of Souls

August is peak summer season in Japan.  We can look forward to some of the most spectacular fireworks displays and festivals in the world, ...

Yabaton’s of Ginza!

I need to give you the direction to this place now, otherwise I’ll forget!  On the Hibya line get off at Higashi-Ginza and take the first exit after exiting the gate off to your right – exite(1).

yabaton1

This is actually a Nagoya specialty, which has been gaining fame for a number of years now for its  mildly sweet red miso on pork cutlet.   If you like premium pork with strong miso flavor then I recommend this. 

I was first introduced to this chain shop a few years ago by a Nagoyan who swore up and down this was one of the best eats in Nagoya, and now with several chains located  in Japan, and now in the Ginza, I believe him.  Great stuff! 

yabaton2

Especially over a heap of hot white rice with red miso pork oozing over the rice was fantastic. 

yabatonebi

Before that though, I ordered black tiger shrimp which are about 12 inches long each, and are cut in halves – don’t let the picture food you, these things are huge! 

Everything cost me around 3600 yen, plus I downed a whole pitcher of ice cold green tea – blood pressure is already too high. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Follow by Email