Featured Post

August: The Return of Souls

August is peak summer season in Japan.  We can look forward to some of the most spectacular fireworks displays and festivals in the world, ...

Dried Fruits of Nihonmatsu

Whenever I visit a local farmer’s  market in this area I’m always amazed at how beautiful and hulking the women are, like silly little big legged bovine beauties walking around so carefree – fair skinned, black hair, long and flowing like a horse’s mane.  I wanna marry this type of woman.  I would do anything to marry the type of Japanese woman who only cares about making love, eating, and drinking delicious sake, and of  course onsen and shrines.  She is a fruit of the earth.  She’s a Japanese fruit.  A Fukushima variety.
Fruits come in many forms and can be eaten in many ways.  Kanpyou(かんぴょう), or dried strips of the flesh of a variety of gourd, used in Japanese cooking…i.e. dried fruits.  
IMG_3765
Whole dried honey apricot(みつあんず), which tasted a bit too sweet, but was  nice on a warm sunny day.
IMG_3767
This is a type of citrus called yuzu, which was dried  shredded and marinades in honey.  Always a favorite for me.
IMG_3766
And then lastly, my favorite.  Whole dried baby tomatoes.  I love eating these as is, or with a nice tall  glass of ice cold barley tea(むぎちゃ).   AHhh…Fukushima.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Follow by Email