Featured Post

August: The Return of Souls

August is peak summer season in Japan.  We can look forward to some of the most spectacular fireworks displays and festivals in the world, ...

Seikai and Oze

2009_0416toshogupentax0014
The name of this sake is called Seikai no Tokubetsu Honjozo Nama!  I paid 1500 yen for a 500 ml bottle of this gem of  a sake.  This was the finest sake I had all year so far.  Bitter and floral!  I don’t recollect ever having a sake like this one.  It came highly recommended by the hotel’s head chef and I loved it.  Acidity was very low, extremely smooth, floral, but not sweet, lightly bitter after-taste and left a pleasant after taste in the mouth.  I will order this one again, but from online.
2009_0416toshogupentax0002
Every chance I get when visiting a new onsen I try to drink the local water also.  This one, like a mentioned in another post is Oze no oishi no mizu, which is named after a very famous marsh land in Japan. 
I love water. 
continue down to Nikko on the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Follow by Email