Skip to main content

Ultra Dai Ginjos: Tokugetsu

IMG_5363
I am Tokugetsu, a highly refined nihonshu.   I was born on September in the  year of our god Heisei 21. 

Most sake of my class use rice that’s milled away at 50%, but my masters had a sense of humor and decided to mill me at 28%, while throwing the remaining 72 % of me away, all the parts I thought were good, like the proteins and fibers.  They tell me it’s the 28% of me that counts, and is the reason they love me.    My sake meter value is plus 2.
( This is what rice looks like at 28%.  Standard table rice, the stuff you eat with most Japanese cuisines, is only milled away at 10%!  The rabbits and the yellow circle pattern is in the shape of an autumnal moon and is supposed to conger up images of early autumn).
IMG_5373
Some people who drink me say that I am light and complex, and that I change at different temperatures.  At almost room temperature a soft banana and floral aroma comes out of me and that I have a very well defined nose.
One Jukujo who drank me was really nice.  I went into her mouth timidly at first cause’ I didn’t know what to expect; besides, I’m a delicate nihonshu and I don’t like to make my presence known too soon.


She moved me around in her mouth a bit.   Little air bubbles begin filling her mouth cavity.  She wants all of me and my flavors.  I am being drunk.  I explore every part of her mouth thoroughly leaving a trail of my aromas and textures.   I hope she never forgets this moment.  She moans in approval over how clean I am inside of her.


I am Tokugetsu!


This was the first bottle I purchased when I  was in Nagaoka city last Sunday.   I went to a very famous shoten gai to purchase this along with a few other reasonably priced and delicious sake.



The cup of choice would be a WW2 commemorative 1st Battalion Air Artillery ochoko, which I use to inaugurate every bottle of sake I open, in other words, the first sip comes from these types of cups and then I change to a more suitable drinking cup or drinking apparatus , preferably a Riedel Daiginjo Glass.
IMG_5365
I’d like to thank Richard over at his site called Imperial Japanese Sake Cups where he carries  huge selection of not only WW2 cups, but  more contemporary items, too.   If you stop by you won’t be disappointed.
Finally, on to the pouring of the sake.  You can watch it in either regular or HD mode.

Take special notice of the musical score and explanations.

Popular posts from this blog

Shin-Okubo: Little Korea

So I finally got around to going up there to Shin-Okubo,  the land of Seoul via the Yamanote Line.  Been putting this trip off for years for personal reasons;  I am not a fan of Hanlleyu.      I knew why I came up this way, and for none other reason than the food, and maybe to bask in the nausea of Korean romanticist who steal Japanese Jukujo's souls.    But honestly, I like spicy food and stews and pickled vegetables that challenge my taste buds.    I also love the little funky cafes that line the main thoroughfares and alley ways, each with their own little eclectic menus and interior decor.     This place is Korea.  





Shin-Okuba represents more than just a place to relish in Korean culinary delights and K-pop culture, but a place where Koreans can express themselves through their culture.    You can feel the local vibe in the air as you're walking down narrow walkways and footpaths.    I have personally been to mainland Korea six times, so a lot of the nostalgia was there …

Japanese Girls: A Sex(quisition)

While writing this, I was listening to "Going Through Changes" by Eminem

No, I haven't lost any love for momma, Japanese Jukujo that is, and yes, I do have a special place in my heart for young Japanese women, too. 

But then....then I glance over and there's a momma, a delectable Japanese Jukujo momma.  Fully rounded, and fully figured and fair healthy skinned.  Full fine silky muff fujii mounds. 

From this point I feel I need to qualify my remarks more thoroughly, though, especially when referencing women in general.   Firstly, it cannot be denied that there are beautiful women all over the world and from a variety of different backgrounds.  Women are people. However, in this essay I would like to take it a little further.

For me, living in Japan I have created a world unto myself so to speak.  I believe that some people create reasons for doing things, more so than there actually being a real need for doing said things, while others drift along accepting any an…

Estudio científico sobre la lactancia materna para adultos. Cómo alimentar a un bebé adulto.

Estudio científico sobre la lactancia materna para adultos. Cómo alimentar a un bebé adulto.