Featured Post

August: The Return of Souls

August is peak summer season in Japan.  We can look forward to some of the most spectacular fireworks displays and festivals in the world, ...

Hanaizumi Fukushima

I never get enough of anything from Fukushima. The snow capped peaks of Mt. Haruna, the Nihonmatsu Castle, the Dairin Temple. I never get tired of the prefectures autumnal brews, and its delicious cuisines. Its natural hot springs, its beautiful rice fields. The old houses. The unspoiled beauty of the countryside. It's a sleepy little boring piece of Japanese beauty that I love. Undisturbed and unfettered by the annoyances of city lights and noise pollution.


Whenever I am up this way I love to sample as much sake as possible. However, I never forget to go back to an old favorite of mine. Hanaizumi.



Followers

Follow by Email