Featured Post

August: The Return of Souls

August is peak summer season in Japan.  We can look forward to some of the most spectacular fireworks displays and festivals in the world, ...

Lunch

Great Lunches Sushizanmai


sashimi lunch set plus Shimizu no Mae sake There's a term called morbidly obese. I guess it's what I'm becoming. Why? Because I love food.....?


Tempura fried squid legs The longest held misconception about Japanese cuisine is that's healthy and good for you no matter how much you eat. If I binge on rice and tempura everyday I will get fat if I don't control how much of it I eat. I am not a glowing example of health and fitness at all and I don't want to steal the moment away from this gorgeous lunch set either, but I feel I need to clarify a point here. Firstly, I unhealthily consume unhealthy portions of healthy food on a daily basis, at unhealthy hours of the day. Does that mean that Japanese food isn't healthy? No. In America, I consumed unhealthy portions of unhealthy food at unhealthy times of the day and as a result I became unhealthy. However, I am unhealthier now than at any other time in my life, yet at the same time I am happier than at any other time in my life!!! I enjoy a well rounded life. My point is that fat people make themselves fat. Food can be whatever. It's a personal choice. I am a professional glutton with no serious plan to slim down. I have an obligation to consume as much delicious Japanese food I can stuff down my throat. Why? Because it's Japan and I have access to all the sake and delicious food in the world, so there.

Location:Tsukiji

1 comment:

Followers

Follow by Email