Featured Post

August: The Return of Souls

August is peak summer season in Japan.  We can look forward to some of the most spectacular fireworks displays and festivals in the world, ...

Long and Slender: A Cup Sake

Two smells I like besides that of a Jukujo momma are:  The smell of the interior of the first shinkansen  in the morning as it pulls out of Tokyo station, and the scent of a freshly cleaned night bus as it embarks on its journey.    Tokyo; its scents; its energy; all create a verve that completely identifies it as the most sophisticated mega-city in the world.     It could be all the black and grey suit clad sophisticrates  that create the stodgiest atmosphere during the morning rush, or the delicate scented  freshly popped canned coffee that blends in so well together with everything else.    I like Tokyo.   There is no other place like it in the world.    I say this because I've been spending more time up there these days and have been preoccupying myself with J-momma-hobbying and geeking out on delicious fusion cuisine.    



Tokyo, Japan is a great pioneering city.   So many great culinary delights have not only evolved here, but have also been created here like the cup noodle,  canned coffee, and the first ever cup sake - Ozeki
What cup sake did to the world of sake was make it more convenient and accessible to the general public.   It comes in a small glass container.  You pop off the aluminum top and drink straight from the glass cup.   On-the-go sake, in other words.     There  are many other brands of cup sake, but in this post I would like to talk a little about Maru Cup Hakatsuru sake.   This is also Japan's 1# selling brand of sake and one that peaked my interest upon  first sip.  




I even paired a lovely Japanese Jukujo with it because like I have stated since this blogs inception, sake and Jukujo are the perfect match - never let anyone tell you  differently.    It goes without saying also that less oily cuisines work well, too.     As for the breakdown, it's really not important.   It's just cup sake and is meant to be enjoyed, not savored.   It is not a competition sake.   Just a good everyday common ordinary man's sake with good refinement.   Most convenience stores will store them at room temperature.    You can taste pretty much all of Tokyo in one sip.   Yes.  There are ephemeral  qualities attached to inanimate objects just like there are with animate objects.   Taste and smells evoke the imagination just as if you were  imbibing or eating whatever it is you love.     Luckily, the Jukujo model who came over spent most of her life in Tokyo, she possessed the Tokyo momma's eccentricity and energy.

Extremely well mannered; soft spoken, well aged,  motherly, dainty, modest, and embodying the soft aura of the modern era urban Japanese momma-style.   

Tokyo's humidity makes you want to drink.    It makes you want to fuck.   It makes you want to take it slow.   Maru sake makes you want to enjoy all of those moments, either alone or with someone special.
  
Maru sake is smooth.  It's fairly easy to drink even for the untrained palate.   It's a refined sake.    Hyogo is where this sake was born, but it's sold in large quantity here in the Tokyo Metro area and is enjoyed by everyday drinkers.
As the room temps. begin to rise, so does the need to remove her outerwear.   Maru is still there to cool her down.   She's ready and she's loving it.   It's all over her face, too.  
 I chose her for her legginess as she is over 175 cm tall; according to my estimation.  Very long and sexy legs.   The other reason is because the symbol of Hakutsuru brewery represents a crane, a bird that has a sort of elongation, and modest, refined, and beautiful.   Cranes have always been a part of asiatic history with its origins in China.   
The fan with the black and white faces served to help cool her.     She was feeling good.   Getting in touch with her more seductive side.   

And then from behind the cover of wood exposes the natural goodness of her being.    She is the beauty of the urbanite.   The sake beauty of urban Tokyo.  Not the trendy Shibuya areas, but the lesser known areas like Meijiro, Gotanda, and Nihonbashi.  She loves Japanese nihonshu.   Go out today and purchase a cup.   Taste the goodness.  

I did a full HD  interview segment with her, so please do not laugh at my Japanese skills.  I was shooting with a new camera and was a little over excited about the whole shoot.    Normally I am more laid back.

This video is best enjoyed wearing headphones.   Everything was created by me, so if you enjoyed it please retweet it.   

21 comments:

  1. I drank sake. It has very creamy taste. But don't drink too much with that lady..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drinking sake with that lady is what makes sake so attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sake is my favourite drinks and also Malibu..;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your rhetoric brings up the aura of a town, a time, a vibe. The sensuality you evoke combined with the tactile experience whets my palate. I must admit, the idea of sake to go, never occurred to me, I wish it had. This sake, as you so well describe, sounds like an experience I would love to have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @william<< i love Malibu....When I was Stateside that was one of my favorite additive in cocktails.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Sharon Kinsella<< Thanks so much for the comment. I love your prose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sake really is a treasure of Japan. You describe the experience of drinking sake so well that even non-drinkers can appreciate it.Your photographs enhance the writing. I wish I had some sake right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where do I begin. I am afraid dear Sir, if I began, my comments would flow endlessley and not cease. I may indeed take up this whole page. As a frequent tourist to Japan. You have enveloped my senses and reawakened my spirit with your tantalization.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I read this. I want to go ans show this article to my loving wife. We need this experience to have together. This is just what we are looking for. She has long perfect legs because her father is American, however I can tell you we are surely men who are fortunate to know this experience.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The first thing I wanted to do is take the screen closer to my eyes so I can savor each moment. I sent a text to my girlfriend and her friend because this pleasure is more than enough to share.
    There is nothing better than to
    experience the visual elongation of the crane with.;

    ReplyDelete
  11. My eyes are drawn wide open as
    I watch her mouth open slightly to accept the cup and as she cools herself she savors the drench upon her palette. Oh my friend you have done so well I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Daniel Corrigan UKJuly 26, 2012 at 9:30 AM

    You said this in a manner which was quite observant " Extremely well mannered; soft spoken, well aged, motherly, dainty, modest, and embodying the soft aura of the modern era urban Japanese momma-style."
    Her eyes were very war. She wanted to share this with all of us. She makes us hunger for more of what she thirsts. The wood shielding her in the picture was very poetic in itself

    ReplyDelete
  13. James Goldberg Esq.July 26, 2012 at 9:34 AM

    As I sit in my Manhattan Office, I look through the window in the distance and I long for such an experience. So perfectly captured.
    I believe you wrote this so all men
    can envy your thrist has been quenched.

    ReplyDelete
  14. None other I have seen as the beauty of perfectly long legs. This model you chose is a perfect choice. The desire was mirrored in my mind as a watched the video. The innocence yet the mystery I see in her eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My morning coffee no longer tastes good. To be in the open morning air in Tokyo and hear the crisp open of the can and its essence filled in the air. Well done.
    I need a fan to cooll my own brow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do wish I could have such an remarkable experience. The morning air, the long legs, the tantalization with sake and the time you had after. I could feel this tension and excitement in the video as I kknow you did.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done is mainly what I can say. There is not a doubt in my mind you recreated this perfect experience very carefully. Although you have made it appear as if it was in play so innocently. I am awe of your eye for placing this so carefully in order to time our excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Truly, Japan is an awesome country. I have been there twice for office work and marveled at its beauty. I simply loved being there. I am planning to visit it for a vacation and spend my time roaming about. Your posts will help me to plan my trip.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Truly, Japan is an awesome country. I have been there twice for office work and marveled at its beauty. I simply loved being there. I am planning to visit it for a vacation and spend my time roaming about. Your posts will help me to plan my trip.

    ReplyDelete
  20. On my last visit to Japan, I tasted sake. A friend recommended it and I loved the taste. The idea of having it in a bottle is novel.

    ReplyDelete
  21. On my last visit to Japan, I tasted sake. A friend recommended it and I loved the taste. The idea of having it in a bottle is novel.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Follow by Email